Monday 21 September 2015

One Pot Pineapple Chicken & Rice

-On Tonights Menu-

We had Pineapple chicken & rice! I made the rice and veggies in one pot which made for easy clean up! (Anything that makes little dishes is awesome for this busy mom!) And the chicken was so flavourful! It was a HUGE success! 

And with it being a very healthy alternative to some fried rices this will most definitely become a staple in this house.

I started off with throwing 1 Cup brown rice into a large pot. 2 1/2 cups water adding 1/2 cup of pineapple juice. I then added in the veggies and garlic spice and paprika with a dash of sea salt and pepper to taste. I then added 1 tbs of coconut oil and set on high to boil. 

While i was doing that i prepared skinless chicken breasts with the same spices as listed above. And laid pineapple on top and stuck in the over at 430 degrees. I let that cook for about half hour.

Once the rice boiled i put a lid on and cooked on low for 20 mins.

Once both were done, plated and heavily enjoyed an amazing supper with my love! 


This was quick and effortless but very nutritious. Which some days a busy mom just needs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment