Monday 7 September 2015

Lets talk MEAL PREP



Today i decided to document my meal prepping (usually i put aside time on Sunday to get my meals ready for the week but due to the long weekend it landed on Monday) 

--->> I seriously HATED the idea of meal prepping.. I always thought i would be such a pain but the reality is it has made my life so much EASIER! By making my meals ready to go i give myself LESS temptation by having them more accessible. And when I'm snacking i have ready to go HEALTHY snacks VS. junk foods.

I Don't just meal prep for myself. I meal prep for the whole <<FAMILY>>  I don't believe in making "extra" Meals for the other members of my family. I just make sure i portion everyones accordingly to their specific needs. And who can complain with the recipes that the FIXATE cookbook has to offer...  Garunteed to be toddler and hubby approved!

The hardest part of meal prep is making it a **HABIT** It takes a few weeks of doing it to get it down so that you do it without even thinking. It just becomes a part of your routine. THIS IS KEY!!!!! Being consistent is how PROGRESS is made!! So keep at it!

Switch it up! Don't be afraid to try new things and add them into your meal prep. A HUGE struggle for me was getting bored of the food i was having every week. So i picked out a few different menus and switch them every week! Eating clean does NOT have to be BORING! Pinterest is a BIG part of my planning :)

I used to have a major LOVE/HATE relationship with food... i was an emotional eater and would hit the fridge as soon as i was feeling down. THIS >> IS >> A >> MISTAKE!!! You want to feel good? Keep your energy levels up? EAT HEALTHY! Choosing to eat healthy whole foods will help with so many of the common health problems we deal with today.

Learn about your body, What it needs and what is the PROPER way to fuel it ;) 

Want some help? No problem, Add me as a friend on FB and Shoot me a message and we can chat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment