Sunday 21 February 2016

you are not alone



It's not always easy looking backwards.
I battled insecurities through out my teens & early stages of my 20s. I was subjected to a very abusive relationship that dwindled my Confidence and love for myself. 
I coped with alcohol and other forms of abuse. I thought I was making it easier for myself by doing so but the reality was much worse than I could of imagined. Slowly I lost so much of myself. I was sad all of the time and actually remember points where I thought this was it. This was all my life would amount to. 
Today I look back and reflect not just on my physical appearance but more on my mental and emotional state. I am vibrant again! I see life in color and most importantly I once again am happy in my own skin. Had I not had the positive people that are in my life today I'm not sure where I would be. Had I kept hanging around the people who drained my mind and starved my soul I would probably still be hiding my true potential from the world.
I am so thankful for the group of woman who helped me find my purpose. And when i feel like quitting and hiding from the world they kick my ass back in gear and remind me how far I've come and how much further I have yet to go
💜sometimes you need to reach out. Know that you are not alone and you too deserve to shine. 💜 please reach out if you need someone. To me or anyone you feel would listen this could be the first step into finding yourself again ... I know it was mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment