Sunday 28 February 2016

When love meets exercise



After i graduated high school i was in and out of abusive relationships. Some physically but mostly mentally and emotionally. It lowered my confidence immensely and led me down a very negative life. I struggled for so long with hating myself. I remember some days wishing the world would just suck me up and end the pain i was feeling.  I craved love so badly. What i did not realize, Was that to find love i had to love myself first.  Brent and i had gone to high school together. When we first started dating i was in and out of drugs and living a very unproductive life. I also was going through many issues with my sons dad and never really had a backbone to know when to stick up for myself. We started dating and went through some pretty crazy stuff together. It was hard but it made us realize that we were not meant to live this kind of life. So together we decided to not let the negative atmosphere we had gotten ourselves into voyage into our future. We put our heads together and have been journeying down our bumpy bumpy path together every since.

He is my rock, He pushes me through my workouts even after long days of working his construction job he still will be there right beside me pushing me to keep going when i feel like quitting. I feel so lucky to have found someone who not only loves me but has taught me how to love and respect myself and not take crap from anyone.

Here is our workout from last night. This workout is prime example of how our life has gone. I have wanted to give up countless time and he's the voice telling me to keep going and  push harder.

This is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment